Treatment of chronic or long-term medical problems with the potential to exceed $1 billion in annual revenue.
A published clinical pilot that validated Medically Home Group's model for safety and outcome objectives.
Medically Home Program is operationally live in multiple markets treating patients with outcomes that validate its published research.
Being built to create virtual bed capacity to partner with hospitals and at-risk providers.
How we create a temporary hospital
unit in a patient’s home
- Set up a temporary virtual hospital room in the patient’s home
- Configure/staff a physician-led/nurse-powered Medical Command Center - enabled and made safer via software supportive IP tools
- Compose a clinical / operation / economic model that is designed to improve patient outcomes, while creating meaningful economic value
- Configure a unique network of clinical/non-clinical services, medications, equipment and supplies to patients’ homes, enabled by software
- Deliver care over a longer period of time to better stabilize patients and allow them to maintain a stable baseline after the episode of care
- Enable selected surgical procedures to be performed outside the hospital, by linking the ambulatory surgery center to the temporary hospital unit in the home
- Provide tools and systems that actively-engage the patient’s family, to amplify patient engagement and outcomes
To providers—supports movement toward lower-cost sites of care
Bundles—create new framework for the delivery of care
Challenges—fixed costs and capacity balancing
NEED FOR "VIRTUAL HOSPITAL BEDS"
The need to create a lower-cost capacity to safely treat acute illness in a changing risk ecosystem
New single-source clinical model—to create more reliable recovery from acute illness
Technology-composition of home, field and medical command center needed to safely treat patients in remote settings
Supply chain—acute rapid-response resources to the home delivered to overcome patient decentralization
Economics-to reliably generate sufficient savings to move the market
What patients & their families
“Every stage of this whole experience, everyone came and helped whenever I needed, for whatever I needed. I never felt alone in this.”Testimony 6
“The doctor and the team talked with me about my symptoms, and then there was a prescription at our door an hour later. It was incredible.”Testimony 5
“We liked everything about this program! We would recommend it to anyone who needed something like this. I tell people about it and they’re amazed! They don’t understand that this is possible in your home!”Testimony 4
“To have a doctor available to me at midnight – you just don’t get anything better than that! No matter the time, when I needed something my Care Team dropped everything and was there for me. They are fantastic people.”Testimony 3
“You have more freedom here than in the hospital. You’re in your own home, you don’t have to ring a bell to go to the bathroom. If you have a problem, you get on the phone and they actually help you.”Testimony 2
“It’s like night and day. Getting care in my home, in my atmosphere, is so much better. I’m 83 years old – I don’t need any more confusion in my life! With Medically Home, it’s so much better because you get to know the people who are taking care of you – and they really care.”Testimony 1